1. To make the paste, place the cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat. Lightly toast for a few minutes until golden and aromatic.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Place the toasted seeds into the Vitamix 600-ml container and secure the blade.
4. Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase the speed to 8.
5. Blend for 10 seconds.
6. Transfer the toasted spice powder along with the rest of the paste ingredients into the Vitamix 1.2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
7. Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase the speed to 10.
8. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients onto the blades.
9. Transfer half the paste to a bowl and add 100ml of the yoghurt and chicken pieces. Stir to coat and leave to marinate, covered, in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferable over night.
10. Heat the sunflower oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the remaining paste mixture, onions and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the onions are soft but not browned.
11. Add the chicken and its marinade. Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
12. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining yoghurt. Garnish with coriander and serve with naan, rice and mango chutney.
Notes: Serve with naan bread, cooked rice, and mango chutney..
Recipe from Vitamix Australia.