1. You can make these burgers in an oven on full heat, on the barbecue or in a hot pan. If you’re using the oven or barbecue, preheat it now.
2. Put a splash of olive oil into a large frying pan on a low heat and add your chopped onions. Fry for 10 minutes or until the onions have softened, then put to one side to cool completely. Blitz bread in a food processor until you get a fine consistency. Oil a clean baking tray and put aside. Put the cooled onions into a large bowl with the rest of the burger ingredients. Use clean hands to scrunch the mixture together really well, then divide into 6 equal balls for burgers.
3. Wet your hands and roll the balls into burger-shaped patties about 2cm thick. Place your burgers on the oiled baking tray and pat with a little olive oil. Cover them with cling film and put the tray into the fridge for at least an hour, or until the patties firm up.
4. If using a frying pan or griddle pan, put it on a high heat now and let it get really hot. However you decide to cook your burgers, they’ll want around 3 or 4 minutes per side – you may have to cook them in batches if your pan isn’t big enough. When the burgers are cooked to your liking and it’s all looking really good, halve your burger buns and warm them through.
5. When everything comes together pop your burgers on to their buns, add all your lovely toppings!
Serve on these awesome Food Truck Papers!